Day in history for May 20, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- It was announced that a public hall, 40x70 feet, was to be built in Rock Island.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Commodore John L. Cockle of the Mississippi Valley Amateur Rowing Association and F. Baker of the Peoria Boat Club were in Rock Island looking over the regatta course.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The ''Musical Goodmans'' were appearing in vaudeville at the Illinois Theater.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island relatives received word of the death of Admiral Godfrey S. Blocklinger, 82, retired United States Naval Officer.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- All persons employed in Moline establishments where food and drinks are served are required to take chest X-rays and the list of those who are X-rayed will be checked against lists of employees and operators to see that everyone complies with the regulation.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island officials are finding citizen support for a city plan to slap property owners with $50 fines for letting trash accumulate in their yards. Members of the Community Caring Conference asked councilmen to step up enforcement of the city's health code.
Back: Available days in May 2005