Day in history for May 15, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- We are glad to learn that experienced brickmakers are about to commence brickmaking near Camden. We may, therefore, expect a better article of bricks than our people have been in the habit of using.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- John Volk has made and is still employed making a number of cots for the Harper House in anticipation of the forthcoming regatta.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The B.B. Thimble Club, an auxiliary known officially as the Select Knights of the Needle, entertained their husbands at the Watch Tower last evening.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Friday afternoon, between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m., the Moline Trust And Savings Bank will be attacked by make-believe burglars to test the new electrical burglar alarm which is being installed.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Over $1,000 in damages were listed by police to six vehicles, including one owned by Davenport Mayor Walter Beuse, when a car rolled down the Perry Street hill and rammed into five other vehicles Saturday night.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island police are looking for a boisterous party-goer who threw a TV set from a second-story house window at 843 24th St. early Wednesday.
Back: Available days in May 2005