Day in history for May 10, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A special meeting was held at the call of the mayor to adopt measures in relation to building a hospital and setting up a board of health in Rock Island.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- M.M. Briggs entered into a partnership with A. Hill in the livery business at the old stand of Hill and Luken.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Appropriate resolutions regarding the death of Joseph H. Kerr, for seven years a member of the Rock Island Library Board, were adopted by the board.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Burglars took golf equipment valued at $167 at Black Hawk Hills Country Club caddy house.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Vandals caused an estimated $300 damage at the Kahlke Boat Yard, 600 Mill St., Rock Island. Twenty windows were broken on the old ferry boat W.J. Quinlan and numerous others on boats in the harbor.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Desaulniers And Co. president Truman K. Woodward announced that a significant block of the company capital stock has been acquired by B.J. Hank Jr., Moline, and Montgomery Elevator Co. Hank, Montgomery board chairman, has been a director of Desaulniers since 1972 and a strong, consistent supporter of plans for corporate growth.
Back: Available days in May 2005