Day in history for April 8, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Moline people voted almost unanimously to trade the town's present school lots for a location on the side of the bluff, back of the town.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Lyman P. Glover of Chicago, secretary of the Mississippi Valley Rowing Association, is at the Harper House arranging a regatta to be held in Moline waters.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island County Camp of Modern Woodmen of America endorsed Major C.W. Hawes, Rock Island, for the office of head clerk of the national society.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The cornerstone of an addition to Moline Lutheran Hospital was laid.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Lt. and Mrs. Baxter Dunbar, whose marriage took place Sunday in First Congregational Church of Moline, were to participate on the ''Big Payoff,'' seen over WHBF-TV at 2 p.m. today. The couple, who are honeymooning in New York City, were chosen from hundreds of contestants.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Several hundred Black Hawk College students were evacuated from two buildings on campus Monday afternoon when a fire broke out in an elevator shaft. Smoke from the shaft poured through the underground tunnel and overland bridge connecting the two structures, one housing the student center and cafeteria and the other housing science facilities.
Back: Available days in April 2005