Day in history for April 7, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The first election in Moline under its new town charter resulted in the choice of Charles Atkinson, A.F. Perkins, N.C. Tyrell, S.W. Wheelock and Russell Stevens as trustees and George W. Bell as police magistrate.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A. Weaver of Taylor Ridge and A.A. Buffam of Andalusia showed some fine blooded cattle for sale in Market Square today.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Dr. and Mrs. Joseph DeSilva and little daughter have returned from New Orleans where they were called by the illness of Mrs. DeSilva's father.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- George C. Tank, Democrat, defeated incumbent Harold Metcalf, Republican, in a contest for mayor of Davenport.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A ''dream of high places,'' where time was of the essence, was recounted today by the Davenport woman who ''died'' once but was brought back to life when a doctor made a chest incision and massaged her heart by hand. It was the first case of cardiac arrest overcome by hand massage reported at a Davenport hospital.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A malfunctioning switch at International Harvester's Farmall Plant is being blamed for the release of between 80 and 100 gallons of waste oil and sludge into Sylvan Slough and the Mississippi River.
Back: Available days in April 2005