Day in history for April 30, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A new ferry boat was expected from Cincinnati, Capt. Robinson having gone there for it. The new boat was named the Davenport.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- P. O'Mara announced candidacy for the legislature on the Democratic ticket.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- In a ballot cast at the Argus office, the name ''Island City Park'' was chosen for the title of the new baseball park to be constructed here.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The New York Dental parlors have been opened in the new Kerns block, Moline. Dr. R.W. Hawes is manager. Dr. Hawes is a graduate of the University of Illinois and a practitioner of much ability and experience.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Moline police were hunting today for the person or persons who callously jammed a pet dog into a garbage can, weighted the lid with a piece of concrete, and left the animal to die. The owner found the weakened dog yesterday afternoon a short time after she reported it missing.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The Rock Island District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has added a new tugboat to its fleet. The 26-year-old tug ''Andrews'' arrived here recently from Vicksburg, Miss., and will be used in maintenance operations on the Mississippi River.
Back: Available days in April 2005