Day in history for April 3, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Adams, who is foreman of the machinery at the Railroad Works in Rock Island, showed us the new and splendid locomotive, Antoine LeClaire, now at the Round House. It is probably the most splendid railroad machine ever built in this country.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Progress Club, a new organization, gives its initial entertainment this evening at Turner Hall.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- F.J. Bachman has embarked in the dairy business and is prepared to deliver pure, fresh, rich milk at 6 cents a quart.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Dr. A.E. Glawe and James B. Eckhart were elected directors of the Rock Island Chamber of Commerce.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A stepped-up program of controling stray dogs has been started by Rock Island County. The program features a combination of the inoculation of dogs at clinics, which the county had last year, and the hiring of a pound master to pick up stray dogs.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Moline city officials will be glad when spring housecleaning planned for a wooded area behind Lutheran Hospital gets under way. The city is complaining that, whenever construction goes on at the hospital, leftover building materials tumble from the hospital grounds down the hill along 4th Street south of 5th Avenue.
Back: Available days in April 2005