Day in history for April 29, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The work of grading and paving the levee was steadily improving under the management of Mr. A. Carmichael.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Rodman flour mill property on 1st Avenue was sold to ex-alderman O'Neil by the Davenport Savings Bank.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The United Christian Party held a national convention at the Watchtower.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The annual regional meeting of the western Illinois district of the Illinois Library Association was held in Moline with librarians and library trustees from 17 Illinois cities in attendance.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- An annual Springfield trip for 55 eighth grade students at Edison Junior High School, Rock Island, continued today despite minor injuries for six of the students in an accident south of Galesburg. The mishap involved both of the buses which were transporting the students on the annual tour.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island's ailing Sunset Marina may be on the way to recovery, following an injection of $259,704 by city officials. Councilmen Monday approved the expenditure in the facility's annual budget that will pay for badly needed repairs.
Back: Available days in April 2005