Day in history for April 13, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- By a vote of 149 to 10, people of Moline approved an act of the Illinois legislature incorporating the village as a town.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Fire broke out last night in the cupola of the chilled plow foundry of the B.D. Buford Plow Company.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Dr. J.W. Stewart was honored on his retiring after 30 years as superintendent of Broadway Presbyterian Sunday School.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- In the chief contests in the county primary election, Republicans nominated Fred R. Schleuter for sheriff and E. Clifford Hall for treasurer.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Moline Board of Education was given a complete report on the design and layout of the new Moline Senior High School at a meeting last night. Construction of the building probably won't start until late this year or early next year, and it is estimated that it will be a 2-year job. A 1957 opening would come 42 years after the present high school building was first used in 1915.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The Rock Island Public Library, 4th Ave. and 19th St., Saturday held the grand opening of its ''toy library,'' featuring more than 50 different toys and games. The library is circulating wooden alphabet blocks, toy trucks, puppets, Lincoln logs, and games.
Back: Available days in April 2005