Day in history for April 10, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Considerable preparation has been made by the miners in Drury's precinct to provide a stock of coal for the steamboats for this season.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The river during the past two days has had the appearance of a miniature sea with waves, rollers and breakers complete.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The Diamond Jo Line will open its season April 15. The Dubuque, a new boat, will run between St. Louis and Burlington.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Committees have been appointed to arrange for a Hebrew school in Rock Island.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Theft of 24 caps from fire hydrants in Villa Park, Crestwood Hills, and the 27th Street district was reported this morning to Moline police by A.E. Anderson, superintendent of Moline Waterworks. In addition, Anderson said, other thieves stole a 12-foot boat used by the department in checking its intake in the Mississippi River.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A fire in a Moline tavern last November proved to be the most costly blaze in the city during 1979, according to a fire department report released this week. The fire Nov. 26 at the Trail Dust Inn, 525 14th St., caused about $120,000 damage, the annual report said, boosting the property loss total for fires during the year to $344,327.
Back: Available days in April 2005