Day in history for March 27, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. B.F. Leet, the gentleman who built the new bridge across the main channel of Rock River, arrived in town and is stopping at the Island City Hotel.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Mr. Charles H. Wells, for some time night clerk at the Rock Island House, has left that position and is said to have accepted one in the Keator House, Moline.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Steps are to be taken immediately by the members of the East End Club on the proposition of erecting a club house this coming summer. Each club member intends to donate a certain sum toward the building proposition and in return will take stock in the building.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Operators of the Saukie Golf Course, Rock Island, opened their third course, this one at Ottumwa, Iowa.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island Arsenal is a ''woman's paradise.'' Those were the words of one of the members of the Spanish military team who completed a 2-day tour of the island. The 12 visitors were a little amazed at the way Quad-City women work at machines and drive autos to and from work.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Despite the 148-day strike by the UAW against International Harvester, farmers should have little trouble getting needed repair parts this spring. The biggest asset has come from the nationwide dealer computer system.
Back: Available days in March 2005