Day in history for February 4, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The Davenport Gazette need not come across the river to trumpet its opposition to the Rock Island bridge now being built. There is enough opposition to the bridge on this side already.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The musical comedy ''Pinafore'' is playing at Harper's Theater.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Edward Hause, son of Alderman William Hause, was injured while coasting at Long View Park.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- A homesick cadet from Chicago started a fire in the dormitory of the Illinois Military School, Aledo. All occupants of the dormitory escaped injury.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Mayors of the Quad-Cities area have been invited to participate in a program honoring the McGuire Sisters at the automobile show at the Rock Island Armory Sunday afternoon. The chief executives of the cities have been asked to present the three sisters with a memento from their respective cities.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A Rock Island man and his wife told police they were chased from Mount Joy, Iowa, to Rock Island's 23rd Street and 5th Avenue by a man shooting at them from a pickup truck. The couple told police the man was armed with a revolver. The couple was not injured and nothing appeared to have struck their car.
Back: Available days in February 2005