Day in history for December 26, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- A valuable horse belonging to the proprietors of the Rock Island House was fatally injured at their stable on Illinois Street.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- Professor Anderson and Miss Anderson will appear at Harper's Theater, December 30th, in a choice program of magic novelties. A large number of gifts will be distributed during the evening.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- G.H. Baumbach was elected president of the Rock Island Assembly of Loyal Americans of the Republic.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Ben H. Bollman of Rural Township was reelected president of the Rock Island County Farm Bureau.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- Decking the off-street parking lot opposite Moline City Hall will cost almost six times, per car space, the purchase price and estimated conversion cost of the old Washington School property, 8th Ave. and 17th St., and will provide about one-third of the parking space.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- The residents of the Winning Wheels center in Prophetstown are busy with their first joint venture, crafting and selling doormats. Winning Wheels, Inc., an organization for persons who are confined to wheelchairs, built the residential center to meet their special needs. The doormat project is the first organized activity that Winning Wheels residents have tried.
Back: Available days in December 2004