Day in history for November 7, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Arnold, of the Island City Hotel, returned from the East. We are glad to see him back. The patrons of the house may expect that his particular department will assume its accustomed regularity again. The efficiency and dignity of the carving table has suffered some in his absence.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- The Rock Island House is being handsomely painted from top to bottom. It will be thoroughly overhauled and placed in first class condition. The trade of this popular hotel is daily increasing.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- Platt-Dutchen-Broder of Rock Island will give the first masquerade ball of the season at the Turner Hall Sat., Nov. 12. Tickets 50 cents a couple. Extra ladies 25 cents.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Dean Haddick is the new president of the Rock Island County Christian Endeavor Union.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- Charles R. Adamson, Scott County deputy conservation officer, reported chemical tests conducted on water samples from the Mississippi River failed to uncover any clues which might clear up the mystery of pollution in the deaths of thousands of fish.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- Local Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Quad-Cities Nuclear Power Station officials found no radiation or contamination when they checked a barrel marked ''Radioactive L.S.A.'' in a Cordova resident's yard.
Back: Available days in November 2004