Day in history for November 28, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- Dr. Cady has removed to the new brick block, built by Mr. Charles Buford, corner of Eagle and Illinois streets, Rock Island. Entrance on Eagle Street, same door as the Republican office.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- John Wills has just turned street car No. 8 out of his shop newly painted and repaired. It is a good job and George Anthony, its driver, feels very proud of it.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- Trade unionists of Rock Island and Davenport are talking of forming a strong central organization.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Davenport High defeated Rock Island, 13 to 0, in their Thanksgiving Day football game.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- McCabe's Department Store now has a new, modern look. An extensive store front remodeling job, valued at $16,000, has been completed. It marks the second major improvement of the Rock Island business this year, a cafeteria having been installed earlier this fall. In addition to the improvements to the store front, new gray and red tiling has been laid throughout the street-level floor, providing a much brighter interior.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- Thieves who apparently came through windows from an adjacent roof over the long Thanksgiving weekend burglarized five offices in The Rock Island Bank And Trust Co. building, 208 18th St.
Back: Available days in November 2004