Day in history for November 18, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- Isaiah Drury, 76, died of cholera while he was stopping at the Rock Island House. He came to Illinois in 1836 and located near the steamboat landing in the section now known as Drury precinct.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- The Rock Island City Council last night canvassed the vote of the recent election and found that 774 men had voted for incorporation as a city and 155 against the new charter.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- At the county convention of the Christian Endeavor Society in Memorial Christian Church, the young people adopted a resolution praising Lucy Page Gaston for her anti-cigarette crusades.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Quad-Cities executives say the sharp slump in stock market prices has not caused a slackening of local manufacturing activities.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island police batted 100 percent in recovery of 25 stolen hub caps following the arrest of four teenagers in car prowlings in Rock Island and Moline.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- Moline police are seeking a man who took an undetermined amount of money in a Saturday morning armed robbery at City Line Plaza. According to police, the suspect entered The Money Shop around 9:45 a.m., supposedly in answer to a help-wanted ad. He then pulled a gun on the manager.
Back: Available days in November 2004