Day in history for November 15, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Downie has renewed his subscription to the Daily Republican for his billiard saloon, under the Island City Hotel, so the public can have an opportunity to see the paper there, when desired.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- The gang of murderous tramps who recently terrorized Moline now is making things lively around Galva. One was shot while he was breaking into a house, but his friends liberated him from the Galva jail. The gang is reported headed for Rock Island, which is preparing a hot reception.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- A mysterious ''Jack the Hugger'' type assailant is terrifying young women of Rock Island.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Santa Claus will come to Rock Island with at least six of his reindeer Dec. 13, the chamber of commerce said.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- A young gentleman of Moline by the name of Larry McMahill Jr. recently arrived in the world with an unusually heavy growth of hair, so heavy that at the age of 2 months he made his first trip to the barber shop.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- John M. Verona of Moline was elected first vice president of the Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives at the association's annual meeting in Belleville recently. Verona is the executive manager of the Upper Rock Island County Chamber of Commerce.
Back: Available days in November 2004