Day in history for April 27, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- There are now 80 dwelling houses, many stores and warehouses in process of erection in Rock Island. For April, that is a good beginning.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- It is refreshing to see the courthouse square neat and clean. The usual piles of rubbish have been removed. Flowers will be planted in the yard. The new sidewalks around the square are well built.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- New members of the county board of supervisors are Charles Eipper, D.W. Matthews, M.W. Battles and J.G. Britton, Democrats; Byron Kendall, August Karstens, C.E. Shallberg, John A. Godehn, Charles W. Heck, R.R. Lynn, Ezra Wilcher, L.C. Pfoh and George Rausch, Republicans.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Port Byron won the county community high schools track and field contests.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- As a result of a flood of calls to St. Luke's Hospital Thursday morning by persons wishing to report a ghost light in the sky to the Scott County Ground Observer Corps located atop the building, Jack Crelly, director of the corps, has asked that under no circumstances is the public to call the hospital when wishing to contact the post.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- An official of the Scott County Disabled American Veterans presented an aide to Rep. Thomas Railsback, R-Moline, with petitions signed by 3,600 persons protesting President Carter's proposal to eliminate free parking for Arsenal Island employees.
Back: Available days in April 2004