Day in history for March 28, 2004
- 1854 -- 150 years ago
- All soldiers of the War of 1812 will meet at the courthouse May 3 to discuss their prospects of being placed on the national pension rolls.
- 1879 -- 125 years ago
- The Rodman Rifles are recruiting rapidly to full company strength.
- 1904 -- 100 years ago
- Boy golfers who have not been admitted to regular membership in the Rock Island Arsenal and other clubs of the Western Golf Association will not be allowed to play in its events in the future.
- 1929 -- 75 years ago
- Additional equipment, valued at several thousands of dollars, was given to Camp Hauberg, YWCA camp, by Mr. and Mrs. John H. Hauberg.
- 1954 -- 50 years ago
- The first step in a complicated courtroom campaign aimed at securing legal liquor in Green Rock has been taken by attorneys for the city of Green Rock and Peter VanOpDorp, a Green Rock resident. Green Rock and VanOpDorp have filed a petition in Henry County circuit court for a Writ of Certiorari, asking that all records pertaining to the Green Rock legal liquor election of April 21, 1953, be brought before the circuit court for scrutiny.
- 1979 -- 25 years ago
- Disposable diapers are clogging up the 1st Avenue sewer line between Hero and 5th streets, Alderman Umberto Ponce told Silvis councilmen Tuesday night. The 1st Avenue sewer line is cracked and broken between Hero and 5th streets and city officials are trying to get an Environmental Protection Agency grant to pay for repairs on the line.
Back: Available days in March 2004