Day in history for April 10, 2003
- 1853 -- 150 years ago
- A statement of finances of Rock Island County from March 31, 1852, to March 31, 1853, showed expenses totaling $7,000.50. The largest single amount was $2,731.85 for paupers. Road and bridge work totaled $1,181.33.
- 1878 -- 125 years ago
- A write-up of the town of Reynolds under the signature ``X'' appeared in The Argus. It was recorded that there are in Reynolds three general stores, one hardware firm, two wagon shops, one shoe store, a good drugstore, a meat market, two hotels, a fine furniture establishment, two grain warehouses, a lumber yard, and some other business places ``but no saloons.''
- 1903 -- 100 years ago
- C.W. Herbert was installed last night as noble grand of Ucal Lodge, No. 608, Odd Fellows.
- 1928 -- 75 years ago
- William J. McNealy was appointed to the city electrical commission to fill the vacancy caused by the death of J.J. Murphy.
- 1953 -- 50 years ago
- A collection of Early American antiques owned by Mr. and Mrs. Pat Ruhl will be on display this month at the Davenport Municipal Art Gallery. Included in the collection are paintings, glassware, copper, furniture, silver and toys dating back to 1750.
- 1978 -- 25 years ago
- Jim Nelson, a Geneseo 14-year-old, astonished his bowling teammates and a gathering crowd of other bowlers at Hillcrest Lanes in Geneseo when he bowled a 290 game in regular Saturday morning action in the Junior Boys' league.
Back: Available days in April 2003