Day in history for February 22, 2003
- 1853 -- 150 years ago
- We learn that the Sisters of the Sacred Heart of St. Louis, will establish an institution in Davenport. Mr. LeClaire, with his accustomed generosity, has donated to them an entire block of ground upon which to erect the buildings.
- 1878 -- 125 years ago
- It was announced the Burlington Railroad will soon put on a freight train between Rock Island and Mendota, via Dimock.
- 1903 -- 100 years ago
- Burglars effected an entrance into the Wolfmann residence on 30th St., Rock Island. They ransacked the place but got nothing of value for their pains.
- 1928 -- 75 years ago
- Eighteen candidates, 12 on the Republican ticket, are seeking nominations for aldermen at the city primary March 13.
- 1953 -- 50 years ago
- A new warehouse encompassing about 230,000 square feet is under construction at the Farmall Works of the International Harvester Company. The new building will cost more than $1,000,000. The new warehouse being built at the west end of the Farmall property, will be used for production material storage.
- 1978 -- 25 years ago
- The Arrowhead Ranch board agreed to seek additional state license bed capacity, and to try to keep a recently started aftercare program that helps boys adjust to living on the ``outside.'' The board agreed to ask the state to increase the number of boys Arrowhead may treat at a time from 64 to 72.
Back: Available days in February 2003