Day in history for December 6, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- The city council last night ordered a plank crossing to be built from Cook And Sargent's Bank to the Rock Island House across West Eagle Street.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- James F. Copp will open his new livery stable at the stand formerly occupied by A. Henry on 3rd Avenue, between 16th and 17th streets, Rock Island.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- G.H. Baumbach was elected captain of Post 41 of the Fraternal Army of America at its annual meeting.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Army engineers have recommended appropriation of $67,000 for flood control of Mill Creek at Milan.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- The first program of a series by Rock Island Public Schools will be presented tomorrow over WHBF-TV at 5:15 p.m. ``Purpose of the series is to help the public understand the instruction program of the Rock Island schools,'' said Miss Amelia Traenkenschuh, assistant superintendent in charge of curriculum.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- Public works employees in the Illinois Quad-Cities are doing a good job helping to keep pollutants out of nearby rivers, according to Roger Sutherland, a representative of the GH2M-Hill Consulting Engineering Firm of Redding, Calif. Sutherland visited the Quad-Cities as part of the California company's team which hopes to help urban committees choose water pollution controls which are most economically feasible for local needs.
Back: Available days in December 2002