Day in history for November 9, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- The following list comprises all the banks that have thus far organized under the General Banking Law, and obtained notes of circulation from the Auditor: Marine Bank of Chicago, in Chicago. Clark's Exchange Bank, in Springfield. Merchants' And Mechanics' Bank, in Chicago. City Bank, in Chicago. Stock Security Bank, in Danville. Rock Island Bank, in Rock Island.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- While the steamer Minneapolis was crossing the river here, its carpenter brutally assaulted a deck hand with an iron rod and knife.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- The Tri-City Labor Congress advocated public ownership of manufacturing and commerce.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- A program of addresses and music is being planned for the laying of the cornerstone of the new Royal Neighbors of America building Nov. 15.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- Hundreds of cards with the message ``You Jaywalked'' were handed out to ``violators'' in Rock Island's business district by Boy Scouts in a program sponsored by the Rock Island County Safety Commission and the Rock Island Police Department. The cards warn that a jaywalker could have been killed.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- Geo. A. Hormel And Co., the nation's fifth largest meat packer, has begun construction of a new gelatin manufacturing plant on the southeast corner of the intersection of Interstate 80 and U.S. 61 at the north edge of Davenport.
Back: Available days in November 2002