Day in history for August 27, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- Rock Island County delegates to the Democratic congressional convention will be Lemuel Andrews, Jacob Norris, F.S. Nichols, Dr. Dunlap, William Frizzell and William Marshall, Sr.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- A meeting of the workingman's party was held at Hillier's Hall Saturday evening. An executive committee was chosen consisting of P. Kennedy, M.S. O'Neil, J. Lloyd, Robert Bennett and J. Aster.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- At a meeting of Andalusia Lodge of Masons, the retiring worshipful master, Ira. H. Buffum, who is about to remove to Rock Island, was presented with a handsome engraved watch charm. He was master of the lodge for 10 years.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Sermons in some Rock Island churches tomorrow will herald the 71st annual conclave of Illinois Knights of Templar order, opening Monday for a 3-day session.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island aldermen adopted a resolution supporting the Quad-City Mohawk professional football team in its effort to make pro-football a going proposition in the Quad-Cities.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- The Quad-City Nuclear Generating Station at Cordova has been given the starring role in a film depicting the social and economic benefits of nuclear plants. Entitled ``Cordova,'' the 10-15 minute film is a public relations tool designed to show the relationship between a nuclear plant and the community in which it is located.
Back: Available days in August 2002