Day in history for July 17, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- G.H. Baxter, one of this city's young scions, is now on hand at his room of business in the post office, where he sells stationery, books, the latest magazines and novels.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- J.J. Glenn of Warren County was nominated at the Republican judicial convention, in session at Galva, for circuit judge.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- Company A, in charge of Lieutenant Alfred Bear, left today for the annual encampment of the Third Brigade at Camp Lincoln.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Grand Commander Glen F. Coe of Dixon will arrive here Sunday to discuss plans for the grand commandery conclave of Knights Templar of Illinois.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- Something new and different in the way of air, thrills, model or actual, is awaiting spectators at the model airplane contest to be held Sunday at the Davenport Municipal Airport, the Rock Island Lions Club heard last night. The meet is co-sponsored by Quad-City Lions Clubs and Plymouth dealers. Two special attractions planned for the day-long meet are a radio-controlled model plane and a working scale model jet plane.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- Donald and Phillis Bassett of Moline are celebrating their 24th wedding anniversary today, along with both of their 45th birthdays. The Bassetts were born on the same day of the same year, 1932.
Back: Available days in July 2002