Day in history for June 19, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- The Chicago and Rock Island Railroad has not made a location of the depot in Chicago, having not yet obtained ground for that purpose.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- Two men from Canton are in Rock Island arranging for an excursion to Rock Island for the Canton Cornet Band June 28.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- Clemann And Salzmann Furniture Store will remodel and occupy the Harper Theater building.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Liberal theology and modernism were attacked when Dr. G.A. Brandelle of Rock Island, president of the Lutheran Augustana synod, and Dr. S.J. Sebelious of the Augustana Theological seminary, addressed a class of 32 men who were ordained as Lutheran pastors at the 68th annual convention of the synod in Omaha.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- Designation of the high school building at Viola as the senior high school and that at New Windsor as the junior high school of the newly-formed community unit school district, No. 202, to be known as Winola schools, has been made by the district's 7-man board of education.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- Major banks and other financial institutions are on the brink of introducing a new consumer shopping device nationally. A debit card would automatically deduct the purchase price from a buyer's checking account. The entire transaction would be complete when a special plastic card issued to the shopper is inserted into a terminal at the store's checkout counter.
Back: Available days in June 2002