Day in history for January 22, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- Scott Lodge, No. 37, IOOF, was organized and officers were elected. There are now two Lodges of this noble order in Davenport.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- The second annual dinner of the Rock Island Athletic Club will be served at the Harper House tomorrow.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- Rural mail carriers will ask $850 a year. They say that their present pay of $500 a year is not enough, since they must pay the costs for two horses for their daily 25-mile trips.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Skaters from Lincoln Junior High School won the first silver skate races at Douglas Park.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- The largest real estate transaction in the history of Monmouth was recorded in the office of the Warren County recorder. The deed which was recorded conveyed the Gamble-Skogmo warehouse property north of Monmouth to the Prudential Life Insurance Company of America for a consideration of $850,000.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- At a ceremony today in the offices of the Coordinated Services for the Aging, 400 16th St., Rock Island, keys to the Wayne Special Care Busette were turned over to the chairman of Project NOW. For a small group of persons who have worked the past three years to make the bus a reality, it was a dream come true. Purchase of the bus, which has a 15-person capacity, began with a survey of transportation needs of the elderly back in 1973 by CSA.
Back: Available days in January 2002