Day in history for January 1, 2002
- 1852 -- 150 years ago
- Littig and Huber's grand ball will be held in the city hall tonight. The Davenport Concert Band has been engaged.
- 1877 -- 125 years ago
- Fire destroyed the Fred Schutt Butcher Shop and damaged the neighboring homes of John Leslie and Mrs. Margaret Moloney on 5th Avenue and 25th Street, Rock Island.
- 1902 -- 100 years ago
- A streetcar line will be built in 1902 to serve the growing South Heights suburb between 9th and 18th avenues, Rock Island.
- 1927 -- 75 years ago
- Clara Dell Wilson of Reynolds and Gale L. Swango of Macomb were married at midnight over a radio hookup via WOC.
- 1952 -- 50 years ago
- First baby honors in the Quad-Cities for 1952 fall to Linda Irene Wesolowski, who bowed in at 12:09 a.m. while the horns were still tooting and the cheering was just beginning to subside. She's the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Wesolowski, 740 21st St., East Moline. Linda arrived at Moline Lutheran Hospital.
- 1977 -- 25 years ago
- Angela Marie Crawford made her debut at 1:15 a.m. in Moline Public Hospital to become the Quad-Cities first baby of 1977. Her folks are Rod and Lois Crawford of 1419 41st St., Rock Island. Her father, a laborer for the Rock Island Lines, was off work and at the hospital when his daughter was born. Mrs. Crawford was on familiar ground at Moline Public. She is a nurse's aide there.
Back: Available days in January 2002