Day in history for December 30, 2001
- 1851 -- 150 years ago
- Our friends, Littig And Huber, are making every preparation for a grand affair tomorrow night at the Rock Island City Hall.
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- Sneak thieves have a particular grudge against Dr. Davidson, one of our fairest men and best citizens. They have riddled his buggy of its robe and blanket for the fourth time.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- The work on the mains to carry the artesian water to Market Square is almost completed and the water will be turned on early this week.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- Another big wolf hunt has been planned for the southwest part of Henry County. It will be held on New Year's Day.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- One of the hopes of Moline Police Chief Harry Fromme for 1952 is the formation of a traffic accident investigation and prevention bureau to handle the increasing volume of traffic work now spread over the entire department.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- Two members of the Quad-City American Sportfliers Club escaped serious injury when their hang gliders crashed at the Illiniwek Forest Preserve at Hampton. James Schadt of Mt. Joy suffered scratches but was not hospitalized when his glider crashed into the upper branches of a tree. A few minutes later, Clarence Machlan of Muscatine incurred minor injuries when he was forced to jump from his glider before it crashed into a hill.
Back: Available days in December 2001