Day in history for December 10, 2001
- 1851 -- 150 years ago
- The Rock Island City Council ordered estimates on the construction of new sidewalks on Illinois Street.
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- Dart's Sons, wholesale grocers, have moved into their new warehouse on 18th Street, between 2nd and 3rd avenues, Rock Island.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- Plans for the new $30,000 wing at St. Anthony's Hospital have been completed.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- P.E. Simmons was elected president of the Rock Island Real Estate Board.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- Dr. Walter A. Wise of Rock Island took office as president of the Rock Island County Medical Society when the group of 120 physicians celebrated the 50th anniversary of the society at Short Hills County Club. He succeeds Dr. J.G. Gustafson of Moline. Two hundred men and women were present for the anniversary party, with Dr. Paul P. Youngberg serving as chairman.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- A book titled ``Overcoming Depression'' by Dr. Paul A. Hauck, Rock Island clinical psychologist, can, at this point, be termed a best-seller. Word from the publisher is that the book has sold 32,000 copies and that it is in its fifth printing. The volume was published by Westminster Press. Dr. Hauck writes a column for The Sunday Dispatch titled ``The Human Scene.'' He has written a new book called ``The Art of Discipline.''
Back: Available days in December 2001