Day in history for October 3, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- Cars will run to Perryton, next station beyond Taylor Ridge on the Rock Island and Mercer County railroad to bring in 20 or 30 cars of stock for the east.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- Secretary L.G. Eddy and Director W.A. Rosenfield of the Rock Island Baseball Association closed terms with Frank Donnelly to act as manager of the Rock Island team during the next season in the Three-I League.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- The school of methods conducted at the Memorial Christian Church, Rock Island, established a record unexcelled in Illinois by the Disciples of Christ with 100 enrollments.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- The Moline board of education voted to add its protest to that of the 868 petitioners in Molette and Spring Brook Courts who are objecting to the location of a county-issued license for a tavern on the east side of 41st St., opposite 12th Ave., just outside the Moline city limits.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- G. Laverne Flambo, executive director of Mid America Media, which owns and operates two local radio stations, was named assistant to the president for corporate development. Company president, Burrell L. Small, Kankakee, announced the appointment of Flambo, who is general manager of radio stations WQUA, Moline, and KRVR, Davenport. Small said that Flambo's new corporate responsibilities include negotiating for acquisitions and directing special projects for the broadcast group.
Back: Available days in October 2001