Day in history for June 27, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- The horse car stables at Centre Station have been cleaned and renovated throughout and the stalls newly whitewashed, presenting a fresh and cheerful appearance.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- Totten's Music Store was moved into its new quarters, 1726-28 2nd Ave., Rock Island.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- A crowd of 75 attended the dedication of the boulder marking the site where the first house was built in Rock Island at 28th Street and 5th Avenue.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- Heavy rain splattered over the Quad-Cities this morning, making the 17th day on which rain has fallen in this area during the month. The morning's precipitation measured .64 of an inch, bringing the total so far this month to 6.55, or 2.44 inches more than the normal 4.11 for the month of June. Glumly, the weatherman issued a forecast of more showers or thunderstorms tonight.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- Most family reunions are just a picnic in a park. But not so when the Ruggles clan gets together. They really do it up right. Dr. and Mrs. Ralph Ruggles of Moline will be hosting about 60 people from 10 states. Activities over the weekend include a breakfast at their home, lunch at Riverside Park, a tour of the John Deere Administrative Center, a boat ride, a visit to Niabi Zoo, a worship service conducted by family members and a picnic before the out-of-towners take off for home.
Back: Available days in June 2001