Day in history for March 13, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- People's Party candidates in Milan are Thomas Kerry, James E. Burrows, William B. Frysinger, Oran W. Davis and Henry W. Haislip.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- ``Illinois'' and ``New Century'' are tied in The Argus contest for the naming of a new theater in Rock Island.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island County Bar Association will invite Chief Justice William H. Taft to Rock Island during the state bar convention in June.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- An infant daughter born about midnight last night in a Royal Cab just outside Moline Public Hospital got into the cab business a bit early in her life. Her father, who is employed as a dispatcher at the Royal Cab office, was rushing his wife to the hospital in a company cab when the baby was born. He had only the highest praise today for hospital attendants who assisted in the birth in the cab just outside the ambulance entrance to the hospital.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- Trustees of the Colona Community Fire Protection District accepted a petition from 13 residents of the Hanna Farms subdivision to annex to the fire district. Hanna Farms is located 4 miles east of Colona on the Billy Wolf Road. Petitioners, representing 100 percent of the property owners in the subdivision, are seeking annexation to the Colona Fire District and severance from the Geneseo Fire District.
Back: Available days in March 2001