Day in history for March 12, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- New officers of Ucal Lodge, No. 608, IOOF, are W.H. Hodgson, J.W. Matthews, George Alters, J.M. Reynolds, M.S. O'Neil, A.B. Shoemaker, J.F. VanHorn, S.S. Hull, C.V. Post, R. Bollman, A.H. Hampton and J.L. South.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- The Rev. W.H. Johnson of Memorial Christian Church resigned due to ill health.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- Richard Schaddelee was elected president of the United Light And Power Co. He succeeds Frank T. Hulswitt, who resigned.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- A snowy blanket nearly 15 inches deep, the heaviest this winter, lay on the Quad-Cities today as the area began digging out after one of the most concentrated three-day snowstorms in local weather history. More snow fell in the 48 hours starting Saturday noon than in the entire winter season of several earlier years, according to the Quad-Cities weather bureau.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- Dr. Marcus Welby, the genial general practitioner who visits millions of patients each week via television, visited a few in person at Moline Public Hospital. After he ``made rounds,'' actor Robert Young also lunched with medical staff. Young is in the Quad-Cities area as a guest of Dr. Eduardo Ricaurte, Rock Island, a close personal friend, to promote the mental health tax referendum. Young has contributed $10,000 to the mental health center at Franciscan Hospital.
Back: Available days in March 2001