Day in history for February 6, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- J.W. Hartzell of Rock Island has purchased the Cambridge House, a hotel in Cambridge.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- Carl Helpenstall purchased a half-interest in 24 acres of land owned by Alderman William Roth. The site is located between 1st and 5th streets, south of 13th Avenue, Rock Island.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- Hugh VanTine was elected senior patrol leader of the Rock Island Scoutmasters' training school.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- Frank Brand, Colona, was booked by Silvis police at 5:10 this morning on a charge of improperly parking his automobile. Police said Brand had parked his car over the sidewalk at 9th Street and 1st Avenue. The auto was towed to the police station, where Brand later called for it and was booked. He was released after posting a driver's license bond.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- The liquor license of the Viking Club, Moline, was revoked today by Mayor Earl L. Wendt, acting as liquor control commissioner. Wendt said he revoked the license because of ``overwhelming evidence, namely Barrel-of-Fun tickets and other gambling paraphernalia, that was presented (at hearings) on the arrests made on Aug. 8 and 12.'' The Viking Home Association, which holds the club license, is expected to appeal the revocation to the Illinois Liquor Control Commission. Establishments are allowed to retain their liquor license while appealing a revocation.
Back: Available days in February 2001