Day in history for February 26, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- A runaway team plunged into the rear end of a Third Street horse car in Davenport and slightly injured Mrs. William Kessel and her two children.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- Colonel and Mrs. C.L. Walker announced plans to attend the presidential inauguration in the party of Governor Yates.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- Dr. C.A. Wiggins of Milan was elected president of the medical and surgical staff of St. Anthony's Hospital.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- Mrs. Walter E. Hendrix, Rock Island, gave birth to her second set of twins within a year. Donald Merle was born at 11:08 p.m. and Donna Marie at 11:20 p.m. Friday at St. Anthony's Hospital. Mr. Hendrix is a maintenance man at Rock Island Arsenal. They have four other children, Nancy who will be 3 in March; Linda almost 2; and Judy May and Joe Francis, twins, who will be a year old on April 5.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- The neighbors got together. That is not too unusual in Moline, but these neighbors are congregations of two churches, one black, one white, who have prayed together for the past 75 years in the Glen Oaks area. In honor of Brotherhood Week, Dr. Roger Rominger arranged a dinner to honor Rev. R.A. Allen, pastor of Tabernacle Baptist Church, who is noting his 40 years as pastor of the 250 member church. The dinner was held in Wesley United Methodist Church, where Dr. Rominger is pastor.
Back: Available days in February 2001