Day in history for January 15, 2001
- 1876 -- 125 years ago
- Mr. Harper has begun preparations to build another new hotel in Rock Island. Architect I.N. Holmes is at work on the plans for the building which will be located at the corner of Illinois and Buffalo streets.
- 1901 -- 100 years ago
- Among those seeking the Republican nomination for police magistrate are G.A. Johnson, W.A. Giles, O.E. Cramer and W.W. Clarke.
- 1926 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island Stove Company announced a plan to raise its capitalization from $200,000 to $360,000.
- 1951 -- 50 years ago
- International Harvester Company has purchased a 33-acre tract of undeveloped land north and east of Warner's Crossing, Silvis. The tract is to be used as the site for a warehouse and transfer house, serving the Farmall and East Moline plants and the surrounding area, possibly including Harvester plants at Canton and Rock Falls.
- 1976 -- 25 years ago
- An East Moline dentist filed a $25,000 damage suit against the Illinois Bell Telephone Co. in circuit court because of his erroneous listing in the yellow pages of the telephone directory under ``Physicians and Surgeons.'' The dentist alleges that he has been continually annoyed and inconvenienced by phone calls from people seeking medical aid at all hours of the day and night as a result of the incorrect listing.
Back: Available days in January 2001