Day in history for December 9, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- Officers of the Rock Island County Grange are: A.C. Stevens, L.D. Edwards, S.L. Swisher, S. Shelter, N.B. Wright, William B. Bruner, C.E. Kyte, Frank H. Harris and J.A. Searle.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- M.S. Heagy was appointed worshipful master of Trio Lodge, No. 57, A.F. And A.M.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island board of education modified its rule against married teachers to permit those of superior ability to retain their positions.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Initial steps for coordination and development of major streets, highways and traffic patterns in the Quad-City area were taken last night with the formation of a Quad-City Metropolitan Road Authority. By long term planning and effective use of limited street and highway funds, the authority is in a position to recommend development of streets which will do the greatest good for the entire area.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- The first unit of a planned $1 million, 24-unit condominium complex, 6th Ave. and 48th St., Moline, is completed and ready for sale, it was announced by Bob Boyd, area realtor, and Howard Peterson, of C.E. Peterson, builder. The condominium is built on a 7 acre site with a commanding view of the Mississippi River and surrounding woods. The units are expected to sell in the neighborhood of $71,900 with a monthly maintenance charge of $59.
Back: Available days in December 2000