Day in history for December 7, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- Dan Edgington of Edgington reports an average yield of 93 bushels of corn an acre this year.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Brewing Co. will purchase only gray horses in the future. The company wagons will be painted olive green and yellow.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- H.W. Leiferman Jr. was named chief patriarch of Rock Island Encampment, No. 12, I.O.O.F.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Lt. George M. Cohan, 24, son-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. Lee A. Boquet, 835 22nd St., Rock Island, was one of two Illinois fliers who took part in air strikes unleashed Tuesday by the newly recommissioned Essex-class carrier Princeton in its debut in the Korean War.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- Moline firefighters canceled the annual Christmas party for their children this year to help provide dinner for those without families. Local 581 of the International Association of Firefighters donated $100 to Moline grocer Robert Vogelbaugh to help defray the cost of his annual Christmas Day dinner held at his store at 6th Avenue and 12th Street
Back: Available days in December 2000