Day in history for December 5, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- A new passenger house has been ordered constructed in Rock Island by the Peoria Railroad.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- H.H. Cleaveland was elected a director of the Central Trust and Savings Bank to take the place of L.S. McCabe.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- C.E. Leffler was elected noble grand of Ucal Lodge, Odd Fellows.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Operation Merry Christmas. That's what employes of the Jim Kittler Motor Company, Moline, call their repair and refinishing of old toys that Moline residents have donated for children who are less fortunate this Christmas season. Ten men and five office girls are donating their evenings and Saturday afternoons to redecorate, redress and reclaim old dolls, toy trucks and other play-things. The Kittler firm is furnishing the paint and material.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- A hole-in-one in December? In the upper Mississippi Valley? Yesterday's balmy winter weather encouraged Circuit Judge Joe Carpentier of East Moline to play another round of golf. Carpentier made the most of his late-season opportunity by sinking a hole in one on the 120 yard 16th hole at Short Hills Country Club. Witnesses to Carpentier's first ace of his career were Lee Finke and Bob Nourse, both of Moline.
Back: Available days in December 2000