Day in history for December 2, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- Twigg And Tillard will soon have a new steam saw mill and grist mill in operation at Illinois City.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- William O'Neal of Milan has a 130-pound squash on exhibition at his restaurant. It was raised by Robert Adams of the Milan vicinity.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- A school for deaf children will be established by the Rock Island board of education.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Bettendorf has withdrawn its petition of intervention in the incorporation of the town of Riverdale. Riverdale is an area of two square miles surrounding the Aluminum Company of America plant. Bettendorf has started action to annex an area of 10 square miles, including the Riverdale section. It had sought to delay the incorporation until its petition of annexation had been heard.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- Christmas will come early for Moline this year as Santa Claus gives officials a hand in the opening of Interstate 74. Illinois Governor Dan Walker and Victor Preisser, director of the Iowa Department of Transportation, will be the ``official'' interstate openers, but they will be given an assist from Santa Claus. The opening dedication will be held in the southbound lanes of the interstate at the north end of the 7th Avenue interchange, almost directly over 5th Avenue.
Back: Available days in December 2000