Day in history for November 27, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- The iron for the new city bridge at Rock River has been shipped from Pennsylvania. Construction will begin soon.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- A gasoline launch made by John Rentz, Rock Island, was sold to C.H. Deere, Moline, for $2,500.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- A stray bullet struck the door of the G.H. Siemon residence in Rock Island.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- A new era in fire fighting has opened for Moline firemen. After years of dousing short-circuited radio sets, they were called to the Robert Nourse residence, 1505 27th St., at 11:15 o'clock last night when a short-circuit developed in a television set. Firemen said the damage was minor.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- One questions whether a 1,800 pound rock is exactly what Francis Hajny, East Moline, had in mind when she asked her husband Donald for ``a rock'' for Christmas. But Donald took her literally by finding a large boulder at an excavation site in Horicon, Wisconsin - so the Mrs. will just have to be satisfied with her large rock garden instead of one glittering carat on her finger.
Back: Available days in November 2000