Day in history for November 11, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- Thomas Mulligan, 7, was instantly killed when he fell from a wagon on Toledo Street between Beaver and Otter, Rock Island. The right wheel of the wagon passed over his body.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- A total of 13,556 votes were cast in Rock Island County at the last presidential election.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- Plans have been submitted to the Rock Island School Board to remodel two rooms of the manual arts building. The main office of the school system will be transferred to the building from the present location in the high school.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- A month-old strike at Moline Iron Works, which idled about 243 employees, ended when a contract settlement was reached yesterday, according to a joint announcement from the company and the AFL Federal Labor Union. Details of the contract were not made public.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- Kaleidoscript, Moline High School's creative writing magazine, has again won the highest honors granted by two universities in nationwide competition, and is one of only two high school literary magazines throughout the U.S. to achieve the ratings. With its 1975 issue, Kaleidoscript has now earned its 14th consecutive All-American rating. The All-American rating is awarded to about 10 percent of the approximately 5,000 high school and college publications.
Back: Available days in November 2000