Day in history for October 11, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- A.F. Cutter will build a tenement house at the corner of Deere and Canal Streets, Rock Island. A new stable will be constructed by James P. Taylor, proprietor of the Taylor House, Rock Island.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- The 30th annual meeting of the northwestern chapter of the Woman's Foreign Mission was held at First Methodist Church, Rock Island.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- A total of 367 Rock Island families have received aid in the past year from the Rock Island Welfare Association.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Word has been received that Mrs. Karl W. Berg, Moline, is winner of a major prize in a nation-wide ice cream recipe contest and that her recipe is eligible for the grand prize of an automobile to be awarded soon. The ice cream recipe contest was conducted locally by the Old Mill Ice Cream Co. and nationally by Sealright Co., Inc., manufacturer of ice cream containers. Mrs. Berg's winning ice cream recipe is Glacial Angel Pie.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- An East Moline man had his son arrested today after the youth took his car without permission. The son was charged with theft of a motor vehicle on a complaint made by his father. The father said his son took the car keys from his pants pocket and returned the car about 4:30 this morning. Police were called to the house three times on the complaint.
Back: Available days in October 2000