Day in history for July 19, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- Fall grand jurors from Rock Island Township are: Charles Benser, J.G. Blythe, George Snyder, L.M. Haverstick and J.B Danforth.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- The Tri-City Electric Sprinkler Co. suspended operations in Rock Island, refusing to pay the water rates charged by the city.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- The Peoples Savings Bank And Trust Co. and the Mechanics and Merchants Savings Bank of Moline were consolidated.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- One-way traffic for downtown Moline won the first round when city councilmen last night unanimously approved the proposal during a committee of the whole meeting and ordered city engineer William M. Coopman to confer with state highway department officials and ask that they speed their part in the changeover.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- An American flag presented to the Village of Andover back in 1876 during a Fourth of July Centennial celebration in Cambridge is on display in the courthouse office of Eben C. Johnson. He said the 12- by 6-foot flag, with 37 stars in its blue field, was one of his father's prize possessions. His father, Frank, was the only known survivor, at the time of his death in 1952, who had attended the parade of 1876 when Andover won the flag as a prize for having the largest delegation present for the parade.
Back: Available days in July 2000