Day in history for July 17, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. C. Tegeler will erect a brick block on the corner of Orleans and Washington streets, Rock Island, to be used as a wholesale house.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- Twenty thousand people are expected in Rock Island for the third-annual picnic.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- Building permits were issued to Claude Kipp, Hugo Storr, Clarence Vogel, A.G. Kipp, C.F. Stromquist and George Schneider.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Two Milan residents charged with petty larceny after reportedly picking flowers in Davenport's VanderVeer Park were assessed costs in Davenport police court this morning, and their 15-day sentences were suspended on the condition that they stay out of Davenport parks the remainder of this year. The pair were arrested on complaint of Emil Flambeck.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- The Mutual Wheel Co., 2342 4th Ave., Moline, has begun $112,000 worth of expansion and remodeling to handle increased business. The company, which is headquartered in Moline, with branches in Dubuque, Monmouth and East Peoria, sells and services heavy-duty truck and semi-trailer parts and equipment. The company has been at its Moline location since 1950 and currently employs 25 people. President of Mutual Wheel is Donald Engstrom.
Back: Available days in July 2000