Day in history for June 21, 2000
- 1875 -- 125 years ago
- New officers of Encampment 12 of the I.O.O.F. Lodge are: Stephen Stadler, Fred Cramer, H.E. Fogg, Henry Grimm, Jacob Wollenhaupt and Charles Engel.
- 1900 -- 100 years ago
- The foundation was laid for the new McCabe Store on 3rd Avenue, Rock Island.
- 1925 -- 75 years ago
- A 50-year-old stone sewer at 5th Avenue and 23rd Street, Rock Island, caved in and carried a large block of new paving with it.
- 1950 -- 50 years ago
- Two Quad-Cities winners in the recent Cavalcade of Music presentation in Des Moines, Iowa, yesterday received $10 cash awards for their ``superior'' ratings at the show. They are: James Fuller, 1320 43rd St., Rock Island, who did a song and tap dance; and Sally Youngren, 1505 15th St., Moline, who did a toe and ballet.
- 1975 -- 25 years ago
- Considering the temperature and humidity yesterday, it was at least an understandable crime. Someone stole a 15 1/2 gallon keg of beer from a Flynn Beverage Co. delivery truck in East Moline. Joe DeSutter, East Moline, the truck driver, said he was making a delivery at the Velvet Touch Tavern when the theft occurred. The loss was $27.75.
Back: Available days in June 2000