|Tips and info about event submissions|
We receive hundreds of event submissions every month. Therefore, your event may not appear online immediately because events are entered according to the date of the event, NOT the date it was submitted.
However, we appreciate it if you submit your event as far in advance as possible. If additional information becomes available after you have submitted your event, we will be happy to add it.
All additions and corrections should be emailed to email@example.com.
Other suggestions and tips:
- First -- and very important -- check to see whether your event is already in the calendar.
- Decide with your group who will send us the information. Two or more submissions for the same event mean delays for everyone.
- Fill out the form completely, with address, phone number, time, admission, etc. Use the "Additional comments" box for important information that doesn't fit anywhere else.
- Use the drop-down venue list, or type in the entire address and phone number. When we have to look those up, it delays your event's appearance in the calendar.
- If there is a change or cancellation, send another form and put in the event title that it has been "changed," "postponed," etc. Or send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't use all capital letters or all lower-case letters. When we have to retype information, it delays your event's appearance in the calendar.
- If the venue (place of event) or the performers/speakers have websites, include the URLs.
- Enter dates with slashes: mm/dd/yy
- Enter phone numbers like this: (000) 000-0000
- If you have a list of events that may be cumbersome in our submission form, you may email the list (in txt format) to email@example.com.