Posted Online: Feb. 04, 2013, 1:33 pm
Women in Agriculture conference
Comment on this story
Press release submitted by Rock Island County Farm Bureau and Foundation
Women in Agriculture Seminar to be offered March 22nd at Jumer's Casino and Hotel in Rock Island
Are you a woman who is involved in agriculture? Are you actively farming, working in the industry or married to a farmer? If so, then we have the conference for you! Join us for a one day seminar for woman in agriculture. Our keynote speaker Erika Eckley will discuss two important tools in all family agricultural business and how to avoid problems in their implementation.
The Women in Agriculture Conference will begin with registration at 8:00 a.m. followed by Erika Eckley's keynote address on "Common Mistakes in Agricultural Estate Planning & Leasing" at 9 a.m.
The keynote address will be followed by a wide variety of breakout sessions.
· Cathy Ekstrand, Senior Market Advisor, Stewart- Peterson Group – "Marketing: The How and When to Sell" and "Using Hedging Tools"
· Darlene Knipe, U of I Marketing and Business Development – "National Food MarketMaker Program… Connecting Farmers to New Markets Thru Technology"
· Jim Fraley, Illinois Farm Bureau & David Miller, Iowa Farm Bureau- "Agriculture & Government Regulations"
· Dr. Lia Nightingale, Palmer College of Chiropractic- "Healthy Eating"
· Illinois Legislative Panel & Iowa Legislative Panel- "Discussion with various officials"
· Miriam Mock, Western Farm Business Farm Management- "Farm Bookkeeping"
· Iowa and Illinois Panel – "Cultivating Knowledge Through Agriculture in the Classroom"
The conference is March 22, 2013 at Jumer's Casino and Hotel, 777 Jumer Drive, Rock Island, IL 61201. Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. The conference will begin with opening comments at 8:45 a.m. Our closing session and send off should conclude by 3:45 p.m.
The cost of the program will be $50 which will include a light breakfast and a plated luncheon. Registration materials must be received by February 28. Any registrations received after February 28 will be $60. Walk-ins the day of the conference will be charged $75. Seating is limited. To register, contact the Rock Island County Farm Bureau office at (309) 736-7432 or online at www.womeninagricultureconference.com.
If you need a hotel room, there has been a block of rooms reserved at Jumer's Hotel. To make your reservation, call (309) 756-4696 by March 5th and ask for the Women in Agriculture Conference on March 22nd.
If you are a woman involved in agriculture, you will not want to miss this seminar. This seminar is being brought to you by the Bureau, Carroll, Fulton, Henry, Hancock, Knox, Lee, Mercer, McDonough, Rock Island, Stark, Warren-Henderson, and Whiteside County Farm Bureaus in Illinois as well as the Scott County Farm Bureau in Iowa. River Valley Cooperative, John Deere and Company, River Gulf Grain Company, 1st Farm Credit Services, FS Growmark, COUNTRY Financial, Iowa State Extension, and University of Illinois Extension are also partners in this conference.