Originally Posted Online: May 06, 2012, 6:20 pm
Last Updated: May 06, 2012, 10:52 pm
Vote for the Q-C's Most Magnificent Mom!
Comment on this story
Earlier this spring, The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus asked for nominations for the title of Most Magnificent Mom of the Quad-Cities. On this page are the six finalists chosen to vie for that honor.
The selection of these finalists was based solely on the strength of their nominating letters. Now it's up to readers to decide who among the six is the most magnificent. Here's how:
1. Read the nominating letters. The finalists are:
* Svetlana Geyer of Moline
* Elizabeth Grill of Moline
* Sonia Herrera of East Moline
* Tammy Needs of Rock Island
* Cecelia Terronez of Silvis
* Catherine Thomas of Coal Valley
2. Decide which mom you think is the most magnificent of the bunch.
3. Cast your vote by email or regular mail.
* To vote electronically, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put the mom's name in the subject line. Email voting ends at midnight Monday, May 7.
* To vote via mail, write the name of the mom on a piece of paper and mail it to: Magnificent Mom, c/o The Dispatch/Argus, 1720 5th Ave., Moline, IL 61265. All mailed votes must be postmarked by Monday, May 7.
* Only one vote per person or email address will be allowed.
The recipient of the most votes will be named Most Magnificent Mom of the Quad-Cities and will be revealed on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 13, in The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus. The winner also will be treated to a spa package worth $195 from Serenity Salon & Day Spa, Moline, which includes a one-hour massage, aromatic bliss facial, manicure and pedicure.